Xello is an engaging, online program that helps students transform their aspirations into personalized, actionable plans for academic and career success. A key part of this plan is Xello’s curated database of 600+ career profiles for students to explore. At the top of each profile is a photo of someone in that career (see attached for examples).
We have teamed up with Xello to request your help in updating their career hero images. For this Mission you are to submit photos of a professional engaged in one or more of the following tasks.
- Psychiatric Aid / PSW / Rehab Assistant
duties: help patients eat, dress, bathe and groom themselves, socialize with patients, plan and supervise recreational activities, monitor progress and write reports
Overall Goal: Give students a realistic and candid glimpse of a career in an inspiring light.
- lifestyle photo of a professional doing their job
- submit RAW files
- centre the action vertically (see examples below)
- give a sense of the work setting
- subject should fill a third of the frame
- create depth in your image when possible
- place your subject slightly to the left of the right of frame
- fake smiles, "look happy" poses (stock photo look)
- zoomed in or close up angles
- busy photos with no focus on subject
- editing or altering your photo
CHECK THE EXAMPLE PHOTOS BELOW FOR DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FRAME YOUR SUBJECT (do not include any text, this will be added by Xello in post production)
Photos showing recognizable faces require Model Releases. Please go to https://www.foap.com/me/model-releases to upload the Model Release.
You can find more information here: https://community.foap.com/whats-a-model-release/